Friday, May 09, 2008

Ox Notes: May 9, 2008

Sorry about bailing on Ox Notes yesterday. I was writing an article about author Emily Giffin, whose new book comes out on Tuesday. I'll link to the interview when it's published next week. It's an entertaining read, if I do say so myself.

Access Hollywood caught up with Jason Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska as they rehearsed the Fox Trot and Paso Doble for Monday night's Dancing with the Stars 6 Semi-Final.

Catching up on news from the 100th episode special, People has a backstage report and video from the red carpet after party (thanks for the link, Imee). A news station in Sacramento filmed seven videos that night, including a tour of the costume room and funny interviews with Tom Bergeron and Len Goodman (links to the vids are in the sidebar).

MOIB reader Katy noticed this TV Guide report that Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough might be developing a reality show. About what?

DwtS fainter Marie Osmond talked with TV Guide about the reality show she's hosting on Mother's Day.

Project Runway's Nina Garcia has landed a gig at Marie Clarie magazine.

PR's current network, Bravo, is taking an earth-friendly approach to promoting its shows for Emmy consideration.

The outcome of last night's episode of Survivor: Micronesia was so tragically inevitable that Greg & I spent the final segment laughing our butts off. The whole show is available online, as are a couple of new Ponderosa videos.

TV Guide has an interview with the Survivors eliminated last week, James and Alexis.

Sunday night, Greg and I are taking my brother, Dan, to see Crowded House in concert in Chicago. Before seeing them perform last summer during Live Earth, I was only familiar with a few of the band's songs that were big in America. And, on our honeymoon in 2004, I'd been amused to learn that "Better Be Home Soon" is the unofficial national anthem of New Zealand.

But it was the performance at Live Earth that made me fall in love with Crowded House. Greg & I saw them perform in Milwaukee last fall as part of their first US tour in more than a decade. And I'm just as excited to see them again this time.

Here's info on Crowded House's current tour, lest you become hooked -- as I was -- after watching this video of their Live Earth performance in Sydney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home