Monday, June 18, 2007

Ox Notes: June 18, 2007

I'm still trying to unscramble my brain after watching a DVD marathon of the first season of the The Wire this weekend. As I hoped/feared, it was wonderful -- but it'll be weeks until I can get a hold of one of my library's copies of The Wire -- The Complete Second Season. To quote Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

In the meantime, there's always Age of Love, which debuts tonight at 9 EST on NBC. Host Mark Consuelos discussed the show's charming premise -- pitting women in their 40s against women in their 20s in a fight for the affection of tennis player Mark Philippoussis -- with TV Guide.

Across the pond, the winner of the first season of Britain's Got Talent was announced last night. Paul Potts, a cell phone salesman from Wales, won by singing opera. The video is one of his earlier performances, and it is incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home